I recently noticed that it has been five years since I opened Highland Handmades. That time has gone by so quickly! I have had an incredible run so far, and the future has never looked brighter. I thought I’d share a few of my favorite moments from the past half decade, as both a reflection and a Thanksgiving. To all of my customers, friends, family, and viewers – thank you for the last five years. You truly make this the best job in the world.
HH Highlight Reel:
- Opening my shop and having plurkies as my first few customers (KarenB and Tempted were both incredibly kind).
- Seeing people post finished yarns and projects in the HH group on Ravelry.
- Being mentioned on Lime and Violet.
- Vending at my first show (Fiber Frolic, June 2010).
- My first ever sell-out shop update.
- Leaving Etsy and starting my own online shop.
- Being asked to vend at a show as opposed to applying (KnitEeast).
- Vending at retreats (SSK, KitM, GGPL, HotF).
- Traveling for the business (Nashville, Atlanta, Connecticut, New Brunswick).
- Designing my own label suite.
- Quitting my day job to pursue my dream.
- Hosting my own retreat.
- Meeting customers and fans.
- Being featured in PLY Magazine.
There are a thousand more things that I have been fortunate to experience; too many to mention here. I am overwhelmed by the love and support you all have shown me every day, through trials and triumphs, sorrows and successes. Thank you seems so inadequate a phrase; and yet, it is all I can say. Over and over again, a thousand times, for all you’ve helped me accomplish and for all the support you’ve yet to give –