Well, it was, before I began Highland Handmades. Lately I have no time to knit! Between teaching, working at Rite Aid, and operating the business, my hours are spent working. As a result, knitting has been one of the things I’ve had to set aside. I’ve been working on the Evenstar Shawl, but I’m now two clues behind. I have about 6 rows still to do on clue #4 and clue #7 comes out in a week. I don’t think it’ll be done before the end of the school year. That sucks. I can’t stop feeling guilty whenever I sit down to knit, though. I could be dyeing fiber, or reskeining yarn, or any other of a myriad of tasks. But – didn’t I begin my fibery lifestyle with knitting? Don’t I love and enjoy it?
I guess it all comes down to making time versus finding time. I haven’t been making time for knitting; I’ve been trying to find time. But there is no time – not when everything else needs to have time made for it, too. My relationships with my husband, animals, friends and family have been put on the back burner as I try to get HH off the ground. I think maybe I need to make a bit of time to remedy this situation before it gets too bad. I have this weekend off from my two “real” jobs and plan on making the time to do the following:
- Snuggling the cats (done, although I think Zedd only snuggled me because he was hoping I’d feed him)
- Brushing them both until they decide they’re done, not me.
- Taking Jackson for a walk Saturday and Sunday
- Picnic lunch date with Bear (done)
- Bowling with friends Sat night (done. Awesome.)
- Mowing the lawn (ick.)
Of course, I am also going to work for HH because I can’t not take advantage of the time I’ve got this weekend. Here are my goals for the weekend on that front:
- Dye 10 pounds of fiber (finish the SW Merino, begin the SW BFL)
- Skein the rest of the first two cones of yarn.
- Finish reskeining the dyed yarn (done)
- List Flair and Jonquil in shop
- Get AO’s pics to her, pack up her fiber, invoice it and ship it (pics done, fiber picked)
- Have second Epic Phone Conversation. Set wheels in motion for Epicness (done. Hoo boy!)
That last one? Hoo boy. If it goes well, then perhaps finding time to do the first list won’t be so difficult in the future.
Have a great weekend, guys. If you have a way to make time for knitting, I’d love to hear it!